Friday, February 4, 2011

Calling All Prospective Ecuador Volunteers!!!



"I have felt the stress that sat in my chest from my problems with my job and family loosen over the past week, and I have been reminded that I need to count my blessings. Edith (our team leader) told us this morning to recognize the times which we are happy, instead of always feeling that our happiness is in the future or incomplete. And to name those moments by simply saying 'I am happy.' Two weeks ago I would not have been able to say that, but right now, I think I can honestly say - 'I am happy.'” ~ Cara, Ecuador Team Journal August 2009



Come and treat yourself to those moments of happiness on our Global Volunteers service program in Ecuador beginning April 2, 2011 for one or two weeks. If you are looking for a spring getaway that will leave you feeling inspired, this may be for you.

Join our development partnership in the outskirts of Quito, helping a grassroots women's cooperative organization keep their Daycare center running, and make a difference to the children and families in this impoverished area. You will be amazed by the people and the beauty of Ecuador and will have an opportunity to make a real impact on their lives - and your own. Our partners welcome families with children 8 years of age and older. I have attached further information about the work project, accommodations and free time activities. You'll find even more information, video and blogs from previous team members on our Ecuador webpage at : http://www.globalvolunteers.org/ecuador/default.asp

We just need one more volunteer to make this program a "go", so come lend your heart and your hands to this inspiring community - you'll be an important resource regardless of your background and skill level. In the words of the Mothers' Cooperative of Calderon "We send our never-ending gratitude to the many generous volunteers and the Global Volunteers directors and coordinators who work every day to make sure the children's needs are met. It's like a miracle."

Be a part of the miracle in April, or if that time frame doesn't work, we have teams starting on June 11th, July 23rd, or October 15th. Be the difference in 2011!!

No comments: